Saturday, July 13, 2013

"God is the strength of my heart"

Written on July 10, 2013.

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26


This verse really reminds me of Faith. The doctors said when she was born, that she had only minutes of life in her. Her heart rate was dropping quickly. Yet I truly believe God and only Him, kept her heart beating for 90 minutes..He was the strength of her heart. 
Life has never felt so sacred and precious to me until I only had 90 minutes to love my daughter. But because I didn't know if every single moment would possibly be my last, I savored that time in a way I know that I never would have otherwise. 

And today marks 6 weeks that she has spent in His glory. I am so thankful that she is in the safest place and arms possible, but this life will always feel void of her. When you have a loved one in heaven, this life just doesn't feel quite right. Maybe the blessing in the tragedy of loss is that we yearn for heaven that much more. We set our hearts on things above, rather than things of this world in a new way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment