His promises...
The past 7 months have broken me, shook me to the core, taken me to my knees, and bandaged me up. Somehow God has found me completely broken at His feet, pleading for mercy, asking for grace, and in desperation, relying solely on His strength. And always, in a way that I have not know in my walk as a Christian thus far, His promises have bandaged me. They have covered my wounds like soothing aloe on a inflamed burn, and given me the strength to Hope again. They have brought life back to my dry bones that feel broken, and beyond repair.
I have felt the deepest pain I know only tragedy and loss can bring...I have asked why thousands of times. I have doubted, I have let go of Hope momentarily; I have been angry, furious even, yet, I have always found my way back to His Hope again. With the Holy Spirit's whispers in the midst of grief and despair...on long drives to the cemetery to visit the last physical remembrance I have of my daughter, I have found His Hope in a way realer than I think Hope can ever be. I have sat at her grave, and had Hope. I have received bills from the hospital for her, and I have Hope. I am referred to as "someone without children" often, yet I have Hope. I have dreams of her, and wake up without her, yet, I still have Hope. And it never disappoints. Because of Jesus. Without Him, there is no Hope. But with Him, there always is. He has truly conquered all...and His promises are true. He shall whip every tear, and there will be no more death, or crying, or pain. That is promise that He is true to keep. And there is eternity...so much longer than this life. This life is but a speck in comparison to what is waiting for us. Forever. He promises us forever with no pain. So for that, I can Hope. I can believe again. I can trust Him with my life in a way that I never trusted before. I can hurt, and I can be healed. All because of Jesus. What a savior He truly is.
There is undeniable power in not only His promises, but the Hope we have in them.
And we all crave Hope. It is what heals our hearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment